Monday, March 9, 2009

G-sus

I like Jesus as much as the next guy. I mean, I don't know Jesus, but I often times think of what he would do. And I know that if there is no Jesus, there is no peace. And if you know Jesus, you know peace. (and with Catholic girls, no Jesus means no piece) In general though, I can't help but think I am a bit hypocritical in my view of the man.

After John won 14 to 6 (John 14:6), Thomas said to Jesus "We don't know where we are going, so how can we know the way?", to which Jesus replied "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

After Terrell Owens beat the 49ers last November (TO 35:22), he said "I need the ball to win the game because I am the game."

So when T.O. took the podium in Buffalo this past weekend to announce his signing with the Bills, he first acknowledged his savior Jesus. Well who does Jesus thank when something good happens in his name?

I'm not saying he has to. I just think it is odd that we give Owens such a hard time for being soooo cocky, but in current terms, Jesus was pretty damn cocky and everyone seemingly goes along with him.

Just think about it the next time your favorite athelete gets "cocky", he may just be mirroring Jesus or NAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment