Wednesday, March 25, 2009

alcohol...

St. Patrick's day has come and gone. Prescription drugs have vanished. There's nothing left now except count down the days when I (Fox) can drink alcohol again. It's 16 more for all those counting. You would think that 100 days of sobriety would be an easy thing but it's not. Mostly because I have been trying to sabotage myself from my earlier days of drinking. Last week I remembered this one time where my plan of getting black out drunk backfired after I accidentally locked myself out of a hotel room in the process but that's another story altogether. I was thinking at how my sober self misses that lovable scamp, drunk me. He's like a delightful little sprite bringing fun and smiles to all. About 6 months ago he went to a music festival and obviously bought beer. Miraculously, he did not finish all of them and decided it would be a good idea to bring them home by packing them in the outer pocket of his suitcase. Since he was probably drunk when he packed them, sober me clearly forgot about them, mostly because drunk me drinks a lot and kills brain cells then sober me can no longer remember anything. Sober me found these beers in said suitcase conveniently at the end of this trip while returning home. They had already been on an airplane once and luckily did not explode. They flew once again for the sake of hilarity and also have not exploded yet. See how much fun drunk me can be sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment