Thursday, July 2, 2009

Adult Rock

Comprehensive review of Lynard Skynard and Kid Rock. (what i won't do for the readers)

  • Watching this version of Lynard Skynard, as old as they were, I was surprised they made it through last week...with everyone dying and everything. This was the first time I saw a band close out saying "GOOD NIGHT, TEXAS!", and I thought to myself...they really are going to bed now.
  • It seems like just 50 years ago it was ok to make comments about having different bathrooms for white and black folk, or that women can vote, or that abortion was ok if it was accident. Point is, times change. But I still can't figure out when it was ok to come up with the song "What's your name - Little Girl?" And if that wasn't creepy enough, haivng random pictures of girls on the screen behind the band didn't help. Not just random pictures of hot women, I mean these girls were either 18, or 18 in one year, or in some cases 18 in two or three more years. Creepy. Erotic, but creepy.
  • Favorite part of the night was the screens behind Skynard during that song that goes "ohhhh..that smell", everytime the lyric was "that smell" there would be huge "THAT SMELL" words floating around the screen. But it was done in WortArt in Microsoft Word and apparently they only had ARIAL font on that computer. Maybe you had to be there to enjoy...but you probably wouldnt have wanted to be there.
  • Kid Rock was exactly what was expected. Nothing spectacular. Look, when your shtick is midgets and strippers...bring some god damn midgets and strippers. He had neither. It was like watching Henry Winkler pitch fast actin Tinactin. No leather jacket. No "heyyyyy". And another thing...you might be good at music. You might be talented. But don't try to prove it by doing Brown Eyed Girl on the drums and Chopsticks on the piano. I swear I thought he was going to hit DEMO on the keyboard and pretend like he was playing.
  • When I put my right fist up, girls say "Kid", when I put my left fist up, guys say "Rock". White trash Romper Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment